09 July 2006

CYBER SLACKING - the subject of my blog

Today, after the many weeks of the hesitations, I’ve decided to choose the subject of my blog.
Ladies and gentlemen! The winner is...
CYBER SLACKING

What it means? I suppose, that every of us met this problem in his enterprise.
So, what is a definition of cyber slacking is? Is the practice of emloyees using the Internet or other employer-provided resources for leisure during work hours, contributing to inefficiency. [www.wikipedia.com].
In accordance to results of the researches published on the Internet, app. 90% of the employees in USA are using Internet during theirs working hours for private use. When I've started looking for interesting information about the CYBER SLACKING, I found alarming data. Newsweek reports in end of nineties: “personal surfing and e-mailing can seriously strain a company's computer network” this is a cost of $1 billion a year in wasted computer resources, plus "billions of dollars in lost productivity" [Newsweek, November 1999]
The problem is growing...

Trying to concentrate on my work without checking my BLOG every 5 minutes I'm waiting for Your comments about the CYBER SLACKING after the 6 p.m. please ; ]

2 Comments:

At 15 July, 2006 19:48, Blogger Borys said...

Yes indeed ; ]
Thank You for information.
I found on internet many interesting information about cyber slacking and financial consequences taken by the employers. I'll try to publish some of those in my blog.

 
At 16 July, 2006 17:30, Blogger Borys said...

I hope it will be interesting.
If you want, I would send you more data by email.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home